Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk

On Saturday October 22nd my family and I participated in the making strides breast cancer walk held at the Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. It was wonderful to support everyone that has battled or is battling breast cancer. My grandma is a survivor of breast cancer and was so nice to have her waiting for us at the finish line! Even though this walk was focused on breast cancer I also wanted to do this 5mile walk in honor of my other grandma that had passed from pancreatic cancer, a special friend that is battling cancer at this time and other special love ones that have battled this disease. This was my first event that I participated in and hope to do many more to help a cause. Also arranging an event like this would be awesome and hope to have that opportunity in the near future!


Ready, Set Go!!!






My cousin and grandma that are breast cancer surviors.












Water stop.

With my cousin and aunt.



The route took us by the ocean. Very beautiful!



My Grandma waiting for us at the finish line.





It was a wonderful day!


































No comments:

Post a Comment